Sandy Pond offers numerous remote areas to hunt in that can only effectively be accessed by fly-in services. Our vast terrain means you can adjust your hunting location to changing wind conditions. We have motor boats in several lakes and ATVs to give our guides and guests access to as much country as possible.
Type of Hunt
Our hunting terrain is mountainous with barren plains, thick woodlands, deep ravines and an abundance of waterways. If your health permits, we encourage you to explore the rugged beauty this landscape has to offer.
- Mountainous terrain makes the spot and stalk method our most popular.
- Stands and easier hunts for those less inclined to travel can provided.
- Our guides will take advantage of the rut to call aggressive bulls within range.
Weather in this area can vary dramatically within the week. Layered clothing is the most suitable to adjust to changing conditions. Our guests have hunted in light shirts and full winter gear in the same week.
What to Bring
Knee-high water proof boots, rain gear, daypack, sleeping bag, layered clothing,
binoculars and soft gun case.
Meat preparation and transportation
- All game is de-boned and immediately transported to Sandy Pond by foot on packs or by ATV.
- Your game will be stored in our freezers at Sandy Pond until a mid-week pick-up is made returning to Peter Strides or until the changeover day.
- Your meat will be ready for pick-up at Peter Strides immediately upon your return for ground transportation home.
- Butchering services will be extra and priced according to the guests requirements.